sobota, 1 grudnia 2018

Reflection from Wonderland

"I can come to you without having to wear a uniform or recite a Koran; I don't need to get rid of any piece of my inner homeland. In your proximity I do not need to justify myself, defend myself, I do not need to prove anything; I find peace.... By looking beyond my clumsy words, beyond judgments that can deceive me, you see me as a human being. You respect me for the harbingers of faith, certain habits and special tendencies.... You ask me as you ask a traveler. I, who, like everyone else, feel the need to be known, feel pure in you and come to you.... Who I am did not tell you my confessions or my attitude. Your affirmation of what I am made you understand your attitude and confession whenever necessary. I am grateful to you for accepting me as I am. What do I get from a friend who judges me? When I invite a sick man to the table, I ask him to sit down, and I do not ask him to dance." ASX



Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz